Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lawless Malaysia

Was heading for lunch towards some restaurants in Masjid Jamek, crossing Jalan Raja in front of the famous landmark, the clock tower in Kuala Lumpur.

The pedestrian traffic light was green, signalling us to cross. Surrounding me were a few Westerners (Ang Moh/Mat Salleh, whatever you call them) tourists. The vehicles stopped at red light.

Right in front of me and the tourists, a motorcycle sped past, obviously he was beating the red light. I felt like telling these tourists around, this is part and parcel of the locals' life, they just need to be careful in the streets of KL.

Where do I put the face of the nation, considering that our citizens have no regard for law and order? But somehow, in my heart, I was waiting for this to happen to tell the world what Malaysians really are.

Technorati tags: , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment