Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mr. Chu - A Pink



Two weeks ago I was awaiting my favourite group A Pink's comeback with an anticipating heart. When the MV was finally out, I can't wait to have my first click to see how it turns out. The group gained attention for their group as well as individual schedules for dramas, variety shows and product endorsements. I can't say enough how much I love the group, so that makes me a proud Panda haha. Each member in A Pink has individual charms and unique personalities, not forgetting that makes them entertaining to watch as well.



A Pink is showing us their mini album, Pink Blossom that contains six tracks. The title track, Mr. Chu comes in two versions, the on stage and normal version. Mr. Chu sings of a young girl in love, with her heart beat in excitement and anticipation of the first kiss from her boy.



The music video brought fourth the notion of tennis. Instead of the searing heat of an ordinary outdoor tennis court I see everyday, the opening of the MV used a pink-light blue colour scheme to elicit a tranquil and cool feeling, breaking the monotony of the place. The mellow piano adds forth to the tranquility at the opening. This MV made it easy to the eye and ears right from the start, I'm impressed that the production team has nailed it.





Naeun has improved a lot vocally compared to her debut. I really like her first line that ended in a low pitch, that she sang it so well that it gave a lasting impression - she is the visual of the group who can sing!



Another member to watch is Namjoo. Fans has believed her to be capable of hitting the high notes and being treated to this expectation in Mr. Chu!



Leader Chorong was given her opportunity to shine too! I guess this song has her best vocal performance. I really like her line "It's so lovely, lovely, sarang seureowo". She's so lovable, always!







Guess the giving of presents till they overflow the tennis players' locker is the running gag in the MV.



The plus point is, the tennis player who's the members' interest actually showed up in the video!



If you haven't notice, the members were dressed in female tennis player outfit in some parts of the MV. Also in this frame, the tennis balls started bouncing spontaneously, marking where the beat starts in the song.

























When it comes to the bridge at Chorong's, it transferred naturally to Namjoo. As for the rest of the song and MV, the production team has taken the utmost care that I can find no rough edges that will be subject to criticism. It's such a well made MV!



One month to first kiss! And also, it's the date of comeback as well.

*********

Lyrics:

When I see you once, I wanna see you two more times
When I see you twice, three times, I want to hug you even more
I want to put on couple rings with you and walk together on this street

Even when I see you every day, I like you even more
Even when I pinch myself two times, three times
It’s like I’m dreaming, dreaming, I smile just at the thought of you


Mr. Chu, on my lips, chu, sweetly, chu, I lose all strength in my body
You shake up my heart, you shake me up
I’m falling falling for your love

Hey you, on my lips, chu, every day with you, when I see you, my eyes close
Will you secretly come to me and kiss me again?
You’re like my dream, you’re my Mr. Chu

I can’t forget the soft feeling, my hot face is getting red
It’s so lovely, lovely, I keep liking you more

Mr. Chu, on my lips, chu, sweetly, chu, I lose all strength in my body
You shake up my heart, you shake me up
I’m falling falling for your love

Hey you, on my lips, chu, every day with you, when I see you, my eyes close
Will you secretly come to me and kiss me again?
You’re like my dream, you’re my

Listen to my wish, I hope an eternal love will come true
I hope this electrifying feeling never changes
Always look at only me baby

Mr. Chu, on my lips, chu, sweetly, chu, I lose all strength in my body
You shake up my heart, you shake me up
I’m falling falling for your love

Hey you, on my lips, chu, every day with you, when I see you, my eyes close
Will you secretly come to me and kiss me again?
You’re like my dream, you’re my Mr. Chu

translation credits: Pop!Gasa

No comments:

Post a Comment