Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

My test drive of Ford Fiesta 1.0 L EcoBoost

I started my new year with a bang! On 4 January 2015, I became one of the lucky ones to test drive a Ford thanks to Jane "Chuckei" Lau and Nuffnang Malaysia. The test drive took place at Ford showroom at Section 51 of Petaling Jaya.



I actually brought my new A Pink Pink LUV album to see if I could play a CD in the car. As you'd expect with a car from Ford, it actually has a CD player.



This was the car I test drove, the Ford Fiesta 1.0 L with EcoBoost. It has an engine of 1000 cc. I thought, maybe I should not expect much from such a car. Turned out this wasn't the case.



My turn came. I hopped into the driver's seat; Jane on the front passenger seat & her blog manager on the back seat. After adjusting my seat, I was ready to go.

How to start the car? First step on the brake pedal, then press the power button.

The switch for signal light is on the left and wiper on the right. Guess how many times I accidently turned on the wiper when I meant to signal!!! LOLz.

I inserted my A Pink CD to play music. Sound quality was normal at best. If you're a car audio enthusiast, I believe you can mod it.

The Fiesta 1.0 L EcoBoost has 6 speed automatic gear. Below the D gear is an S gear. No one knew what S gear does - and that's the best part about the car. So I changed to S gear, this activates the Sports Mode and gave extra torque when accelerating. The S mode is going to shine when driving on interstate expressways at speeds over 100 km/h.

** the 6 speed gear translates into fuel savings if you frequently drive on expressways. Cars with lower number of gears consumes more fuel at faster speed due to higher engine rpm

It was a big eye opener indeed that a three cylinder 1.0 L engine is capable of delivering the performance on par with a 1.6 L engine. For this the Fiesta 1.0 L EcoBoost is called a compact sports car. It has the performance of a sports car in a compact form factor.



Thanks Jane for inviting me and the rest of her readers to this test drive. This is the second time I took part in Jane's event. The last time was at Lacoste, Bangsar Village 2.



Said hello to Janice Yeap!



I saw Daphne Charice Tan for the first time. Hello!

That was my experience, so you wanna know more about the Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost?



What are the features of Ford Fiesta 1.0L?

From the product page, The feature highlights are:
  • 1.0L GTDI, EcoBoost® 3-cylinder
  • Powershift® 6-speed Dual Clutch Automatic
  • Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
  • 16” Alloy Wheels
  • Automatic Twin Chamber Halogen Reflector Headlamps with Home Safe Lighting
  • Power Adjustable Wing Mirror with Indicator and Puddle Lamp
  • MP3, CD InDash with 6 Speakers with Aux Port,Bluetooth® & Voice Command
  • Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
  • Electronic Stability Control (ESC) / Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
  • Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
  • ABS with EBD
  • Passive Anti Theft System (PATS)
  • 7 Airbags
  • Day-Time Running Lights (DTRL)
  • Stylish All-Round Skirting

How much is the price of Ford Fiesta 1.0 L EcoBoost?

That will depend on your area in Malaysia. At the time of writing, the Fiesta 1.0 L EcoBoost sells at
  • Peninsular Malaysia: RM 96,551.65
  • Sabah & Sarawak: RM 101,737.00
  • Langkawi (duty free): RM 73,479.65
  • Labuan (duty free): RM 74,529.65

No comments:

Post a Comment