Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Waze tip: How to choose an alternate route to destination

Waze

What's the hottest GPS in town? Make no mistake it's Waze. Unlike ordinary GPS, Waze is a social GPS navigation that enables you to beat traffic based on user submitted data.

To use Waze, simply head to Google Play Store (Android) or Apple Store (iOS) to download the app. Sign up for a username and password, and you're ready to go!

You'll need to turn on GPS and 3G/4G connection for Waze to function optimally since it depends on real time traffic data from road users around you.


To head towards a destination, just tap on the Waze button and tap Navigate from the menu. Everything is self exploratory and simple, right or not?


Of course there're always more than one route that leads to the same destination. Waze is an intelligent software that calculates the best routes for you, but you have a choice of which road to use. I wanna go to Bandar Utama from my house in Cheras; Waze calculates a route via Jalan Syed Putra. If I want to see which road I can take, I tap on the Routes button on the dialogue box.


Or, while navigating, I suddenly change my mind on the road I am going to take. I can open the Menu and tap on "Routes".


A list of possible routes will open. I can choose which road to use based on distance, travel time and road conditions. I have no problem with the second route if I'm not rushing but I wouldn't go for the third because the road is damn congested! This is the power of real time data.

Tap on one of the Route I want and Waze will take care of the rest :)


Waze lets you know if a route involves paying a toll as well. So choose your route beforehand if you wanna avoid tolls!

Have fun using Waze and happy driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment