Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bon Odori 2010 Shah Alam

After watching Inception courtesy of FeeqSays Network at e@Curve, I made my way to Panasonic Sports Complex in Shah Alam for Bon Odori.

Bon Odori is a Japanese Buddhist festival to honour ancestors. It's similar to Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival. However, instead of celebrating it traditionally in Malaysia, the organiser turned it into a Japanese cultural showcase.

Bon Odori fan 2010
Each visitor got a fan!

crowd Bon Odori 2010 shah alam
Sea of crowds!

The event carried on into the night. That was when the fun began!

lantern bon odori shah alam 2010

Bon Odori was also an overrated night market. Food were sold at exorbitant prices for the high demand and exhibitorship at the event. A bowl of rice simply cost me RM 10.

main stage bon odori shah alam 2010

All I saw was people all over the place. They were on the seats, picnicking on the field or simply loitering around.

yukata
Bon Odori is never complete without yukata!

By the way, yukata is also known as summer kimono. It's most often worn to large outdoor events and at hot springs too!

mob dancing bon odori

Was tired of walking for hours, so I sat at the seats. Mob dancing was a spectacular sight!

So I had a blast at Bon Odori 2010 @ Shah Alam. I don't think the sports complex can handle the attendance next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment