Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wong Zun Zen's "Understand Me" 了解我

After being a trainee for 1 year at least, my friend Wong Zun Zen has debuted at last! Her debut track is "Understand Me" 《了解我》.



For most part of the MV, I don't have any problem with Zun Zen as a singer but that doesn't mean I don't hold anything against this MV, just don't forget that I've been watching countless Korean MVs before this. I may sound a bit harsh here but that's the reality of competing internationally. The domestic market in Malaysia is considered small.

What I dislike about the MV:
  1. I had to strain my eyes looking at the subtitles. Have the font bigger for it to be easier to read.
  2. It's not hard to tell of the blatant signs of amateurism on the part of the videographer. The videographer of the MV seemed to have a lack of appreciation for "visual centre". Zun Zen has been out of focus for too many times, to a point of being intolerable.
  3. Where's the guest rapper? I was wondering. He should appear in the MV unless there's a very good reason for him not to.

Zun Zen has a fairly decent debut in terms of song choice. Judging that she is a person of her time and country, she can thrive - though there are some challenges ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment